It is our great pleasure to welcome you all to 57th AMASI Skill course and Fellowship examination to be held at Kolhapur, known as Dakshin Kashi, one of the most prosperous and joyous cities of India in Southern Maharashtra from 5th to 7th October 2018.This skill course aims to continue the great tradition of accreditation initiated by AMASI for the practicing as well as budding surgeons in India.
This skill course is an ideal platform to interact with the faculty and learn the basic techniques as well as to upgrade your skills in Laparoscopic surgery. The sessions conducted during the course would attempt to impart, comprehensive knowledge and skill in basic and advanced laparoscopic surgery with the basic aim of training all surgeons to perform laparoscopic surgery.
AMASI has now decided to have skill course for Gynaecologist also. Besides general laparoscopic lectures, special lectures for them have been organized in a separate hall. This will give them the opportunity to learn the tricks and trade of Gynaec laparoscopy. They shall also take up FMAS examination where a separate Gyanec paper will be set for them.
A written exam (MCQ) along with viva voce including skill test will be conducted on last day. Successful candidates will be awarded Fellowship of Minimal Access Surgery.
We welcome all delegates to this 57th AMASI skill course and wish fruitful discussion during the course. Your ideas of laparoscopic surgery about the safety would be crystal clear and you will go back with a take home message. We once again extend a warm welcome to all of you.
Dr C Palanivelu
Dr. Tamonas Chaudhuri
Dr. Jugindra S
Dr. Pratap Varute
Dr. Anand Kamat
Dr. L. K. Kukreja
Dr. D. B. Patil
Dr. Mansing Adnaik
Dr. Ravindra Khot
Dr. R. M. Kulkarni
Dr. Mansingrao Ghatage
Dr. Devendra Hoshing
Dr. Vaibhav Mudhale
Dr. Vijay Kassa
Skill course schedule
- Setup of Laparoscopic Surgery Unit, Equipment, Instrumentation & Endovision Surgery
- Sterilization & Maintenance of Equipment
- Electrocautery & Newer Energy Sources in Laparoscopy
- Troubleshooting in Laparoscopy
- Basics in Laparoscopic Suturing and Knotting
- Techniques of Creation & Complication of Pneumoperitoneum
- Anesthesia for Laparoscopic Surgery
- Diagnostic Laparoscopy
- Laparoscopic Appendicectomy
- Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy
- Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy in Difficult Situation & Prevention of CBD Injury
- Complications During Lap Cholecystectomy - How to Manage ?
- CBD Stones Laparoscopic Management
- CBD Stones Endoscopic Management
- Ergonomics in Laparoscopic Surgery
- Laparoscopic Inguinal Hernia Anatomy
- TEP - Procedure for Inguinal Hernia
- TAAP- Procedure for Inguinal Hernia
- Incisional / Ventral Hernia Repair
- Prosthesis in Hernia & Fixation Devices
- Laparoscopic Management of Hydatid & other Liver Cysts
- Esophageal Hiatal Anatomy & G J Vagotomy
- Laparoscopic Management of GERD
- Laparoscopic Management of Achalasia Cardia
- Laparoscopic Management of Diaphragmatic Hernia
- Newer Trends in Laparoscopy
- Laparoscopic Management of Prolapse Rectum
- Laparoscopy in Colonic Cancers
- Laparoscopic Rectal Cancer & TME
- Pelvic Anatomy
- Lap Management of Adnexal Masses
- TLH – Step by step
- Lap Myomectomy
- Lap Management of Endometrioses
- Laparoscopy in Acute Abdomen & Trauma
- Laparoscopic Management of Pseudocyst Pancreas
- Laparoscopic Splenectomy
- Laparoscopic Uterine Surgery
- Laparoscopic Adnexal Surgery
- Video Documentation & Storage
- How to write a Scientific Paper
- Briefing about the Examination
Theory, Practical & Viva Examination
- Participation in a workshop organized under the aegis of AMASI.
- Completion of a ‘Skill Course’.
- Successful test score in Fellowship Examination.
- Performing Laparoscopic Surgery for a minimum 2 years.